The ISDN switch-off is now in progress …. This means that all PSTN, ISDN2e, ISDN30e and ISDN DASS voice and data servies have not reached STOP SELL, whihc mans that they can no longer be purchased and installed. All of these services will be switched off between now and the end of 2025 under BT’s ‘All IP’ programme.
If you want to keep your same telephone number and telephone handset, you need to switch to a VoIP service which will change your existing telephone line to a broadband only line (known as a SOGEA line) and your telephone number will move to a VoIP platform.
You will need a SIP account and a small piece of handware called an ATA to continue using your old telephone, or you can of course buy a new SIP telephone.
The cost to do this with XL Telecom is £99 – this includes the switchover and the new ATA hardware.
We will move your line to us, change in to a SOGEA line and then move your number to our VoIP server.
Your monthly cost will be £24 for the SOGEA line and £7.86 for the VoIP service, plus call charges.
The benefits of moving to XLHV SIP include:
- Immediate savings on line rental costs
- Keep all of your existing telephone numbers
- Increased flexibility of where you can use your telephone handsets
- Use your existing broadband service to make SIP calls (or have a separate one)
- We will transfer your existing lines over to us free of charge
- We’ll reduce your line rental whilst we migrate you to SIP, giving you instant savings
- SIP extension costs are just £7.86 per month per extension
- You can purchase or rent Fanvil SIP handsets from us
- Your can purchase broadband from us – SOGEA, FTTP or ADSL2+
XLHV is offered with a choice of two phones:
- Fanvil X3SP
- Fanvil X210
Simply plug the Fanvil SIP Phone into a broadband router or use a Wi-Fi dongle to connect to a wireless network (Dongle is only available with the Fanvil X210).
Route a chosen telephone number to the phone and then receive inbound calls and make outbound calls. The Fanvil SIP phone can be programmed to allow short code extensions for internal use and supports multiple inbound and outbound lines.
The phone can also be programmed to present your chosen Caller ID, allowing your business to display your chosen telephone number when making outbound calls.
- Purchase or rent a Fanvil X3SP oR X210
- Your number will route to the phone so that you can receive incoming calls on your phone
- Your caller ID will be sent as your memorable number when you make outgoing calls
- You can have as many phones as you want, in any location, providing there is a broadband connection
- You can call between phones on extension numbers free of charge
- Your incoming calls can hunt to phones in different locations (e.g. home, office1, office2 etc..)
Fanvil X3XP (standard phone) – £89 to purchase or £4 per month to rent
Fanvil X210 (high end broadband phone) – £199 to purchase or £11 per month to rent
Monthly XL Hosted Voice Service Cost £7.86
SOGEA broadband costs £24 per month
No Incoming call charges
Outgoing calls billed at standard rates
All prices INCLUDE VAT